Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend brought this salad for my family when my daughter was sick. I added the blue cheese and chives because they sounded good. It's now my favorite salad and just in time for spring spinach leaves.
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds, salted
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled good quality blue cheese (such as gorgonzola or stilton)
- 1 large sweet apple, cut into 1/4 inch dice (no need to peel)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing (I use T. Marzetti's refrigerated brand, but your favorite will do. Just be sure there's some garlic)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Wash the spinach leaves and dry thoroughly. Place in serving bowl.
- Chop apple and toss with a small amount of dressing to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Top spinach with sunflower seeds, cheese, chopped chives, and chopped apples.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle lightly with vinaigrette and toss. Add more dressing if needed.
- Serve immediately.