Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet dressing that tops baby spinach leaves. Found in Simple and Delicious Sept 2007 magazine. A nice salad that can be dressed up and served for a brunch/luncheon or dressed down and served on a Friday night pizza night.
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- For dressing: in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the apple butter, oil, vinegar and pepper; shaking very well.
- Divide spinach leaves between four plates and sprinkle with pecans and cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing right before serving.
I made this exactly to the recipe and wouldn't want to change a thing. As someone who always has baby spinach leaves in the fridge - just love them in sandwiches - making this was just so easy. I also loved the pecans and cheese. Such a fabulous blend of flavours. I used Bev's Recipe #70016 and we greatly enjoyed this with MarraMamba's Recipe #289187 and then I enjoyed it next day in a rye bread sandwich with slices of roasted turkey. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe, HokiesLady! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders. This one I'll certainly be making regularly.
Salads don't get any simpler than this, and it's delicious! I was out of oil for the dressing, so I used about a tablespoon plus two Tbsp. water. I also subbed a bit of vegan cheddar for the swiss cheese. I think it's great with or without cheese. Thanks for an easy, tasty keeper!