Recipe by TasteTester
I love ancho chilis, so I'm always looking for recipes using them. I found this one in BH&G magazine -- it's basically a pork chop and bacon recipe (YUM - bacon); the vinegar and onion give this a little zing, and it goes well with baby spinach.
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chili pepper (I grind my own)
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless pork sirloin chops, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 5 -6 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine ground chili pepper and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Rub into chops. Heat extra-large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and bacon to hot skillet; reduce heat to medium. Cook 6-8 minutes, until chops are lightly pink in center (160 degrees F) and bacon is crisp, being sure to turn chops and stirring bacon occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- For dressing, cook onion in hot skillet for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground chili pepper. Slice pork; divide pork and spinach among 4 plates. Drizzle dressing; sprinkle bacon over top of salad.