Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm cooking with lemon verbena and berries as much as I can before the season is over. A simple, basic and light vinaigrette will work: oil (olive, grape seed, walnut, etc.), vinegar (white balsamic, champagne, fruit), salt and cracked black pepper. Use any easy candied nut recipe of your choice. CG Original.
- 4 cups loosely packed Baby Spinach or 4 cups mixed greens, cleaned, rinsed and spun dried
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, hulled, cleaned and sliced
- 2 purple scallions, thinly sliced (standard green scallions ok)
- 6 -8 lemon verbena leaves, to taste, cut into ribbons
- 1⁄4 cup candied walnuts (almonds, walnuts or pecans)
- Prepare the candied nuts and set aside to cool.
- SALAD: In a large bowl lightly toss the spinach, strawberries and verbena leaves.
- Divide and arrange on two salad plates.
- Garnish with the candied nuts and a few lemon verbena leaves.
I loved this spinach salad. The lemon verbena is a nice addition and since the stuff is taking over my garden I might as well be eating it, lol. I had to use regular scallions and I used Candied Walnuts for the candied walnuts. We added some homemade dressing to the salad. Made for ZWT8