Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great Spinach Salad. This is one of the many ways I get my kids to eat spinach. It is also great to serve to guests.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 package baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2-1 lb cooked crumbled bacon (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- SALAD: Toss iceberg lettuce, spinach, onion, mushroom slices, grated Swiss chees and bacon in large bowl.
- DRESSING: Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Just before serving pour dressing over the salad and toss.
- You can also serve the dressing to the-side of the salad.
I use this dressing with my fresh green salads of all types. Everytime I take a salad it is the dressing that gets tons of complements. I use olive oil for this, plain not virgin that would be a bit over powering. Also, I have used garlic chives and added a tbspn of fresh mint to the mix all with rave results. Hang onto this one if only for the dressing!! Thank you for posting this.