Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy dressing on a yummy salad. Adapted slightly from a recipe found in the Taste of Home Cookbook, originally submitted by Gail Sykora. Can also be topped with crumbled bacon.
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Chop onion and pepper.
- Mince parsley.
- Combine onion, pepper, parsley, oil, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, salt, mustard, and paprika well to make dressing.
- Place one cup of spinach on each of 4 plates.
- Slice eggs and use to top salads (if adding bacon, do so now).
- Drizzle with dressing.
The dressing for this salad is absolutely wonderful. DH really enjoyed it thus the 5 star. However when I look at a recipe with "Supreme" included in the title, I would expect peppers and onions and other ingredients. I did ass peppers and onions, tomatoes and bacon along with the hard boiled egg and it made a fantastic salad to go with our steaks last night. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2012.