Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is the recipe for those who were at Holy Resurrection Monastery Thanksgiving weekend 2004 for Arturo's robing and wanted the spinach salad recipe in better detail. toodles & God bless, sUSAn.
- 2 bunches washed spinach, chopped into 1/4 inch strips by about 1 1/2 inches long
- 1 bunch washed green onion, chopped very fine,1/8 to 1/4 inch is good
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 6 ounces rice vinegar (Marukan seasoned rice vinegar comes diluted to 4.1% acidity)
- 8 ounces bertolli extra light tasting olive oil (delicate & mild, so light it almost looks like veg. oil)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (SEE FOOTNOTE)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- SUGAR FOOTNOTE: I used Kroger brand.
- Also acceptable brands are: Ralphs and Vons.
- Why you ask b/c they are most likely BEET sugar.
- They already come with cornstarch added.
- If you use a name brand cane sugar, or splenda, or xylitol (birch sugar) you will probably have to add 1/4 tsp of cornstarch to get a dressing consistency that clings to the salad.
- Spinach salad Key notes: 1 Wash your hands.
- 2 Wash the produce, drain and gently pat dry.
- 3 Wash your hands.
- Mix the first three ingredients thoroughly in a large wide bowl, add the almond slivers& set aside.
- Using a whisk- mix the next four ingredients thoroughly in a medium a bowl.
- Pour this dressing on the spinach/almond mixture.
- Using your very clean hands, incorporate the dressing with the salad tossing and coating completely using a crunching motion on the spinach, to slightly bruise it so it softens- similar as you would do for a Slovak Cabbage salad.
- Put in a pretty serving bowl-- can be served room temperature or lightly chilled.
good info on salad thanks for it ps good salad lol dee