Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone who has tried this has asked me for the recipe - even my mother-in-law! Traditionally you would serve this on a salad of baby spinach, hard-boiled eggs, and bacon, but it is good on any type of robust salad.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (light, such as apple cider)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- Mix all ingredients except for oil in blender.
- When well blended, add oil in a slow stream while blender is running to create a thick dressing.
- Blend in a tbsp or two of water until the dressing is thin enough to pour out of the blender (but the dressing should still stay quite thick).
- Will keep for a long time in refridgerator.