Recipe by MarieRynr
Although an unusual combination this really is a very delicious salad. I got the recipe from a Junior League cookbook, called Bay Tables, put out by the Junior League of Mobile, Ala. The dressing is very pretty and tastes wonderful!
Top Review by spatchcock
AMAZING! We loved this! This is truly a terrific salad! I used white vinegar instead of raspberry because I didn't have any raspberry, and used a little bit of red onion instead of shallot for the same reasons. Also used frozen blueberries--again, no fresh. Still, it was truly delicious and the bleu cheese especially added the most perfect layer of "tang" to the salad as a whole. LOVED it! Thanks for posting!
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bunches fresh spinach leaves
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the shallot, 1/2 pint of the blueberries, salt, sugar, vinegar and oil in a blender and blend well.
- Trim the spinach and rinse well.
- Pat the spinach dry.
- Combine the spinach, remaining blueberries, blue cheese and pecans in a large salad bowl and toss to mix well.
- Add the blueberry vinaigrette just before serving and toss until well coated.