Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love spinach salad .... so overtime I developed this recipe that even kids and picky husbands will devour.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 6 -8 medium fresh strawberries
- 2 -3 hardboiled egg (sliced)
- 150 g pancetta (italian bacon)
- homemade crouton
- 0.5 (3 ounce) bagof salad sensations honey-roasted pecans
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced
- 6 ounces marinated artichokes (optional)
- 0.5 (355 ml) bottle strawberries (Briannas homestyle is nice) or 0.5 (355 ml) bottle raspberry vinaigrette dressing (Briannas homestyle is nice)
- boil the eggs 5mins then take off the heat cover and let sit in the hot water for additional 5min.
- pan fry the pancetta til crisp(reserve the bacon grease) set aside.
- In a large bowl put in the spinach,sliced strawberries, homemade croutons(recipe to follow) onion, pecans, artichokes eggs, bacon.refrigerate til ready to serve.
- Dish up on seperate plates
- heat salad dressing to boiling.
- pour over indvidual plates and serve.
- cut half a french loave of bread cut into cube size.
- put bread in frying pan
- shake on italian seasoning, montreal steak spice, garlic powder, to taste.
- once bread starts to get crisp pour the reserved bacon grease in pan and stir til desired crispness.
- set aside to cool.