Recipe by ellie_
We enjoyed this salad with porkchops and baked potatoes. It is a bit different from the most spinach salads and lower in fat too! Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 2008)
Top Review by Sue Lau
This certainly is different from other spinach salads we have tried before. No one here really cared for the combination of flavors- especially the ginger with the avocado. We think it might be better if the avocado were left out and something else used instead, but everyone has their own personal tastes. However, thanks for sharing. ~Sue
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 orange
- 1 (6 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large salad bowl whisk together dressing ingredients (shallots - sesame oil) and set aside.
- Cut off peel and pith from orange and then cut orange into 1/2 inch rounds. Cut rounds crosswise in half.
- Add spinach to dressing and toss.
- Add avocado wedges and orange pieces. Toss.