Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sonoma Diet, Wave 1
- 8 cups torn fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- If desired, remove stems from spinach. Thoroughly wash spinach leaves, pat dry. Place spinach in a large bowl.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until golden. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Bring to boiling; remove from heat.
- Add spinach mixture to vinegar mixture. Return to heat. Toss mixture in skillet about 1 minute or just until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a serving dish. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
- Note: If eating spinach salad as a main dish add 4 ounces of cooked chicken breast.