Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is an old standby with a new twist. I got this from a wonderful cook years ago.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond
- 5 slices crisp bacon (crumbled)
- 1 small onion (very thinly sliced)
- 1 small apple (diced)
- 8 mandarin orange sections (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- You can use more or less spinach as desired.
- Tear the spinach into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk the dressing well and add to the bowl.
- Toss slightly and arrange on plates.