Recipe by mysonshine
My step-mom makes this salad and for a life-long spinach "hater", this is what turned me around! It is one of my favorite salads now! Quick and easy to make. Enjoy!
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This was a wonderful salad. The only thing I did different was to not add bacon. I love bacon but my friend doesn't so didn't put it in. I found the dressing so tasty with the spinach. Served this with my lasagna for lunch. Will be making this again for sure. Thanks for sharing mysonshine. I love healthy yummy salads. Yummy stuff !!!
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves
- 8 -10 small radishes, extra crispy
- 2 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 6 -10 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup light oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss chopped spinach and onions with thinly-sliced radishes and water chestnuts Top with crumbled bacon slices.
- In dressing bottle, shake dressing ingredients together, and drizzle over salad.
- Serve with crunchy breadsticks or hot cornbread, for a special summer meal in itself.