- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 purple onion
- 2 -3 bunches spinach
- 1 small head lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: In a blender or food processor, mix the first 7 dressing ingredients.
- Then marinate the purple onion sliced in rings for several hours in the dressing.
- Salad: Clean spinach and lettuce and break into pieces.
- Mix with swiss cheese (sometimes I use colby-jack), cottage cheese, bacon and mushrooms.
- Note: Add dressing and bacon just before serving.
- Dressing keeps fresh for 4 days.