Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Another one from Good Food Magazine. Although this is simple to make, you need to work quickly at the end to make sure that it is still warm to eat.
- 2 (200 g) bags fresh spinach
- 5 eggs, separated
- 200 g fromage frais (full-fat)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 150 g soft cheese (such as Boursin garlic & herb)
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375F/190C and line a Swiss roll tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Cook the spinach according to package directions and when cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
- Tip the spinach into a food processor and add the egg yolks, 1 tablespoon fromage frais, plenty of seasoning and the flour. Blend until really finely chopped and well mixed.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the spinach mixture.
- Spread in the tin and bake for 12-15 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, beat the remaining fromage frais into the Boursin until creamy.
- Put a sheet of baking paper on the work surface and dust with the Parmesan cheese.
- Turn the spinach mixture onto the work surface and carefully strip off the paper.
- Spread with the cheese mixture and scatter over the tomato.
- Roll up from the shortest end using the paper to guide you.
- Serve immediately.