Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Having just acquired a new roulade ( swiss roll ) tin, i have been on the look out for recipes. I havent tried this yet, but want to post it before i lose it , as i brought it all the way back from England.
- Grease a 8 X 12 " swiss roll tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- For the Filling:.
- Melt butter, stir in the flour, then slowly blend in the milk, and simmer until thickened.
- Add nutmeg, and salt and pepper.
- Chop spinach and stir into sauce.
- For the Roulade:.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, gently fold in the beaten egg yolks and salt and pepper.
- Carefully turn into prepared tin, and level the surface.
- Bake in a 375 deg F oven for 8 minutes until soft to touch and pale golden brown.
- Turn out of tin onto a sheet of greaseproof paper sprinkled with the parmesan.
- Quickly and carefully loosen the paper on the bottom of the roulade and peel off.
- Spread evenly with the spinach mixture.
- Roll up like a swiss roll using the paper beneath for support to keep a firm roll.
- Serve at once.