Recipe by Susie D
This french inspired salad utilizes blue cheese, thinly sliced apples, and sunflower seeds to perk up a traditional spinach salad. Artisanal cheese works best here as well as a tart apple. Recipe from Vegetarian Times.
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
Oooooooh emmmmmm geeeeee! This was so good! I used a little sugar in place of the honey, but otherwise made as directed! So so good! Thank you for posting -- this will be a repeater in my house! made for Veg*N Swap 37!
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cracked black pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 1 shallot, minced (about 3 TBSP)
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds, hulled
- 170.09 g bag Baby Spinach
- 1 large apple, very thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml Roquefort cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Vinaigrette. Combine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in oil and water to emulsify. Stir in minced shallots.
- Make Salad. Place sunflower seeds in medium skillet. Toast over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Transfer to small bowl and let cool.
- Thinly slice 1 large apple leaving peel on the apple for color. Use one large tart apple or two small contrasting flavors of apple.
- Just before serving, toss baby spinach, thinly sliced apple, crumbled roquefort, and cooled sunflower seeds with vinaigrette. Divide among salad plates and serve.