Recipe by FlemishMinx
This unusual combination of ingredients results in a delicious quiche. Add a salad in the summer or a bowl of soup in the winter along with some crusty bread for a complete and easy meal.
- 1 9" unbaked pie shells or 1 pastry dough, to line tart pan of same size
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sour cream
- black pepper, to taste
- 150 g Roquefort cheese
- 300 g frozen spinach, thawed enough to spread in pan
- 50 g walnuts, coarsley chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 210°C.
- Line tart pan or pie pan with pastry or shell.
- Prick the bottom with a fork several times.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, and pepper and combine well.
- Crumble in the roquefort and continue to whisk until the cheese has broken up.
- You will, however, still have some distinct lumps of it.
- Place the spinach in the bottom of the tart pan.
- Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over the spinach.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top, making sure to spread the remaining lumps of roquefort as evenly as possible.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until quiche has set and top is nicely browned.