1/2 Photos of Spinach/Romaine Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing & Mandarin Or
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I have been experimenting with different types of salads and dressings and have developed this very tasty combination of greens and dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/8 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, trimmed, washed, remove stems and discard (about 10 ounces)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1SALAD - Drain oranges, place into a bowl and set aside.
- 2Cube apples and place in a bowl.
- 3Pour lemon juice over; mix well to coat to prevent from turning brown and let marinate for about 1 hour or longer.
- 4Before using apples, drain any excess lemon juice.
- 5Prepare spinach and Romaine lettuce; dry on paper towels, and add to a large bowl.
- 6Add ice cubes and let chill for at least 1/2 hour to crisp.
- 7DRESSING - In a glass jar with lid, add orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, poppy seeds, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper; shake well to blend.
- 8TO SERVE - Remove ice from the greens and discard; drain any water.
- 9Add apples and pine nuts and toss to mix well.
- 10Add dressing mixture and toss to coat well.
- 11Arrange spinach on individual salad plates and top with 3 or 4 Mandarin orange segments.
- 12This dressing is also very good with young, mixed greens.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach/Romaine Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing & Mandarin Or
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.5
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g