Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a hearty recipe from my mother-in-law! Make sure you drain and dry everything well. These are heavy ingredients and you want to keep it as light as possible so it will hang together.
- 2 cups dry spinach leaves, torn
- 1 -2 cup of shredded lettuce or 1 -2 cup the crispy part romaine lettuce
- 5 crisp bacon, slices broken into pieces
- 10 ounces , washed drained, and dry small curd cottage cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) canof mandarian oranges (well drained)
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle poppy seed dressing
- Toss together spinach, lettuce, bacon, cottage cheese, onion, swiss cheese, oranges, and mushrooms.
- Toss with dressing. Add as little or as much dressing as to taste.
I made this for dinner last night. It was a huge hit! All my guests asked for the recipe! I left out the red onion, but it was still wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.