Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light salad that looks so good it MAKES you want to eat it.
Make and share this Spinach, Romaine and Strawberries with Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- Separate romaine leaves and wash thoroughly.
- Spin or pat dry off paper towels.
- Wash and dry the spinach unless the package indicates that they have been cleaned.
- Wrap the greens in damp towels, cover loosely in plastic and refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, wash and hull strawberries and cut into quarters.
- Tear romaine and spinach leaves into small-to-medium pieces.
- Combine greens and berries in a salad or arrange on six individual plates.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Pour vinegar and oil into a small container that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Cover and shake until dressing is well mixed.
- Pour over salad.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
This is a wonderfully tasty salad and a nice light treat after so many heavy holiday meals. I did add some crispy crumbled bacon just to make it a more complete lunch. Great tip, Charolette, to wash and hull the berries right before using. Strawberries should only be washed when ready to use to prolong their freshness.
A very nice brightly colored salad. Went well with #60167 Fettuccine Jardiniere by Susie in Texas. I also added a little more balsamic vinegar to the dressing. Thanks Charlotte J.
My family had this for dinner. Not served with anything, just a nice big delicious salad for a summer dinner. Very good.