Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I saw this recipe on the web and thought I'd try it. I really enjoyed it and hope you do too. Prep and cook times are approximate.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 3⁄4 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Tabasco sauce
- 6 slices firm beefsteak tomatoes (1/2-inch-thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the spinach using package direction; drain.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the spinach, stuffing mix, butter, onions, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic powder, thyme, and Tabasco sauce.
- Cook for approximately 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle both sides of the tomato slices with pepper and salt.
- Arrange in a single layer in a large baking dish.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Transfer tomato slices to individual serving plates.
- Using an ice cream scoop, mound some of the spinach mixture on top of each tomato slice.
- Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve immediately.