This is a wonderful holiday or party side dish with red and green Christmas colors. Great make ahead too.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 9 -10 slices tomatoes, 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook spinach and drain thoroughly.
- In a bowl, place spinach, bread crumbs, green onion, eggs, melted butter, Parmesan, garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Mix well to blend thoroughly.
- Arrange tomato slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- Spoon 1/4 cup spinach mixture on each, shaping into a dome.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, until set and heated through.
- Can be assembled ahead and refrigerated.
- If cold, bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- As an alternate, you can also pile the spinach mixture on cooked artichoke bottoms.
This turned out really yummy! I halved the recipe easily. My husband had eaten the nice big tomatoes I bought, so I sliced plum tomatoes and made mini Rockefellers. It tasted better and better. Thank you so much!