Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This serves about twelve people, but can easily be cut in half for a smaller group. This is truly delicious, one of my favorites. It is really quite healthy, looks lovely on a buffet table. It is also good for pot lucks
- 4 (10 ounce) bags spinach leaves
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted and peeled (you can use the jarred one drained)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Steam spinach in batches and squeeze dry.
- Cut roasted peppers in 1/4 inch strips.
- Saute leek, shallot and garlic in olive oils until soft.
- In large bowl whisk Cream, eggs, cheeses, basil and salt & pepper until well blended.
- Fold in all vegetables.
- Place in 13 x 9 inch pan that has been treated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.