Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This risotto goes well as a side dish with any seafood
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Cook onion, garlic, rind and mushrooms.
- Stir until mushrooms are browned lightly.
- Add rice, stock and wine, bring to boil.
- Simmer, covered 15 minutes, stirring midway through cooking.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and thyme.
- Cover for 1 minute and serve.
This was the first time I had ever made risotto, it was terrific. Took a little longer than I anticipated, but the wait was worth it.
This risotto went down very well with us. I usually do risotto the traditional way with one pot of stock simmering on the side and the other to cook the risotto in. I usually find it pretty time consuming because of the constant adding and stirring but this recipe was a revelation! Throwing all the stock in at once and letting it simmer was just fine by me!