Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This mold makes an emerald container for mashed potatoes or creamed mushrooms. From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 1⁄2 cups spinach, cooked and well drained
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, hard cooked and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F and butter a metal ring mold.
- Whirl cooked spinach in a food processor or force through a food chopper.
- Combine all the ingredients and place in prepared ring mold; set mold in a pan of hot water and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Unmold and garnish with slices of hard boiled eggs.