Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These make great appetizers. I have also made them in large muffin tins for a snack or lunch.
Make and share this Spinach Ricotta Tarts (Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (250 g) packet frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup fat free shortcut bacon (or ham)
- 400 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten (or 2 eggs whites instead)
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- Mix everything, but the phyllo pastry, parmesan and breadcrumbs, together for filling.
- Layer 3 sheets of phyllo, spraying olive oil spray between layers; cut phyllo into 12 even sized pieces.
- With other sheet of phyllo, fold into three, again spraying lightly then cut into 3, this will give you 3 more squares, making 15 altogether - each muffin recess will have three layers.
- Spray mini muffin tins and press 3 squares into each muffin recess - layer them so the corners aren't together.
- Spoon filling into each pastry case; mix breadcrumbs with parmesan and spoon onto each tart; spray with olive oil spray.
- Bake approx 10 minutes at 200°C (400°F) - check at 6 minutes.