Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
From Weight Watchers website in 2009. 6 points per serving. UPDATE: I just made this for the first time and DH RAVED about it, asking me to make it all the time! Instead of cooking it in the skillet as directed I cooked it in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. So much easier that way!
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallots or 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 10 ounces spinach, cleaned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, white(s)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts, four 6-ounce pieces pounded 1/4-inch thin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat, warm 2 teaspoons of oil. Add shallots and cook until shallots begin to brown, stirring occasionally, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook spinach in microwave according to package directions; set aside.
- Mix salt and pepper together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Mix spinach with shallots. Add cheese, egg white, zest and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper mixture; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle turkey cutlets with remaining salt and pepper mixture. Divide spinach mixture among cutlets and spread evenly over top, leaving a 1/3-inch border; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Wipe out skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and cook cutlets over moderate heat until browned and almost cooked through, about 17 minutes. Add water and continue to cook until cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove to a serving plate, remove toothpicks and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Pour pan sauce over turkey and serve. Yields 1 cutlet per serving.
This was very good! My Dh told me not to lose the recipe. I added a couple cloves of garlic with the onions, but followed the recipe otherwise. Thank you for sharing!
These were pretty good. For us it needs a little more flavor but that is easily fixed! Thanks!