1/2 Photos of Spinach-Ricotta Rolled Turkey Breasts
From Weight Watchers website in 2009. 6 points per serving. UPDATE: I just made this for the first time and DH RAVED about it, asking me to make it all the time! Instead of cooking it in the skillet as directed I cooked it in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. So much easier that way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots or 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 10 ounces spinach, cleaned
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, white(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts, four 6-ounce pieces pounded 1/4-inch thin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1In a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat, warm 2 teaspoons of oil. Add shallots and cook until shallots begin to brown, stirring occasionally, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2Cook spinach in microwave according to package directions; set aside.
- 3Mix salt and pepper together in a small bowl, set aside.
- 4Mix spinach with shallots. Add cheese, egg white, zest and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper mixture; stir to combine.
- 5Sprinkle turkey cutlets with remaining salt and pepper mixture. Divide spinach mixture among cutlets and spread evenly over top, leaving a 1/3-inch border; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 6Wipe out skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and cook cutlets over moderate heat until browned and almost cooked through, about 17 minutes. Add water and continue to cook until cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove to a serving plate, remove toothpicks and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Pour pan sauce over turkey and serve. Yields 1 cutlet per serving.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Ricotta Rolled Turkey Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 156.8 mg
- Sodium 469.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 47.5 g