Spinach Ricotta Pizza With Fresh Tomato Puree
- Divide dough into two and roll out into two thin crusts. Lightly brush olive oil to taste on top and bake the dough for 5 minutes in a 425 degree oven on a greased and floured pan.
- Meanwhile grate the four tomatoes into a medium bowl. If your tomatoes are really ripe, you can drain the excess liquid slighlty. Add the pressed garlic and olive oil.
- Add the spinach to a medium pan over medium heat and saute with salt and pepper to taste until half-wilted.
- Spread the tomato mixture on both crusts. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes. This should get rid of any excess liquid in the sauce.
- Top the pizzas with spinach, basil, and a light sprinkling of mozzarella. Finish by placing small dallops of ricotta around the pizza, using a small spoon.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese bubbles and begins to brown.