Recipe by Geema
This recipe is easier and heartier than a traditional quiche. Make it even easier by using a store bought pie shell. We like this for brunch or for a supper with a mixed salad.
Top Review by chia
this turned out very bland,eor our taste, and i realized afterwards that there were no onions, and that the spinach was thawed, but not cooked. i baked this for 45 minutes but the spinach still had a raw taste. i reheated a portion in the microwave and added some tarragon, cayenne pepper and salt and it made a big difference in the flavor and texture. i also used freshly grated gruyere instead of cheddar.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons cold buttermilk (or water)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut together the flour and cold butter.
- Use two forks or a food processor.
- When the mixture is uniformly blended, add about 3 tablespoons cold muttermilk.
- Blend until the dough hold together enought o form a ball.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Carefully roll out into circle and fit into pie pan.
- Mix ricotta, eggs, spinach, flour, grated cheese and nutmeg.
- Spread this mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Top with sour cream, spreading to the edges of the crust.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- bake in a preheated 375F oven for 40-45 minutes.