Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Lighter version of some other recipes, something I whipped up which happened to taste good! 22g carbs per 6th of the pie for you carb counters.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick pie shell (9" pie pan) and prebake in hot oven for 5-8 minutes until lightly browned. Turn oven down to 350 degrees when pie crust is done.
- Cook spinach until thawed and warm. Drain very well, squeezing excess moisture out with hands. (Do not precook spinach if using fresh).
- Saute onion, garlic and mushroom with cooking spray and stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- In separate bowl, combine milk, cheesed and eggs and blend well. Add spinach mixture and stir well.
- Pour into prebaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until custard is set.
This recipe turned out great, I added some green peppers and a few more spices. It was enough to fill two pie crusts! I don't even like quiche but I liked this recipe!