1/5 Photos of Spinach Ricotta Frittata
Great way to add more vegetables into your breakfast! Serve with fresh hot biscuits or muffins and fresh fruit for a wonderful brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 -6 button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 fire roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter
- 4 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs)
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1Spray a non-stick 9 or 10 inch omelet pan with cooking spray.
- 2Place over medium high heat, add butter.
- 3When butter is melted add the prepared vegetables and basil.
- 4Cook stirring often just until spinach is wilted.
- 5Whisk together the eggs and ricotta cheese.
- 6Pour egg mixture over cooked vegetables, cook until almost set, lifting edges frequently to allow uncooked portions to run to bottom of pan.
- 7When almost set, reduce heat, cover and allow to cook covered for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 8Invert onto a large plate and slip back into pan to finish cooking, top with grated parmesan cheese.
- 9Cut in half and serve on warmed plates.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Ricotta Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 402.3 mg
- Sodium 284.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers