Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great way to add more vegetables into your breakfast! Serve with fresh hot biscuits or muffins and fresh fruit for a wonderful brunch.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 -6 button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 fire roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter
- 4 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs)
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Spray a non-stick 9 or 10 inch omelet pan with cooking spray.
- Place over medium high heat, add butter.
- When butter is melted add the prepared vegetables and basil.
- Cook stirring often just until spinach is wilted.
- Whisk together the eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over cooked vegetables, cook until almost set, lifting edges frequently to allow uncooked portions to run to bottom of pan.
- When almost set, reduce heat, cover and allow to cook covered for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Invert onto a large plate and slip back into pan to finish cooking, top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Cut in half and serve on warmed plates.
I really enjoyed the flavors in this frittata and the creaminess the ricotta provides, but I feel like it was a little thin. Perhaps my fry pan was too large so next time I'll prepare this "crustless quiche style" in a pie pan. Thank you for posting! Reviewed for ZWT - 7.
Made this using extra un-used veggies from my fridge. I also didn't have fresh basil so I used dried. It was one of the best dishes ever and a great way to clean out my fridge and not have to throw out small amounts of un-used veggies.
Quick & easy. The only veggie I had was a bag of spinach, but it still tasted good. It fed 2 small kids and 2 grown up. No complaints so I will make it again!