Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
All I have made this for, loved this pie. It is actually a combination of about 3 different recipes - so I decided to write down my version from the 3 recipes I combined. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 500 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups of crumbled feta
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 eggs
- shortcrust pastry, for pie dish
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Lightly grease your quiche/pie dish.
- Put the shortcrust pastry into your quiche/pie dish and cut to fit, pressing firmly around.
- Add olive oil into frypan and saute onions, garlic and oregano for about 10 minutes on low heat or until onions are translucent.
- Squeeze spinach free of water and add to the pan with the parsley and continue to fry until the rest of the water from the spinach has evaporated. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the cheeses together and the eggs and mix through. Add the spinach mixture and salt and pepper to taste and fold through until all mixed well.
- Pour mixture into your prepared dish and bake in oven at 180 degrees (fanforced) or 200 degrees (not fan forced) for 1 hour or until golden brown on top. Check with finger that the top of the pie springs back.
- Cool until slightly warmed or to room temperature (approx half hour of cooling time should do it).
- Slice, serve and enjoy! Great with a nice garden salad.