Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Aunt Helene, who I always remember being a wonderful cook growing up, gave me this recipe. I have not tried it yet, but it sounds delish! You can serve them with butter or your favorite tomato sauce. I am guessing at prep time and cook time as they are not specify in recipe. Please let me know if you make them. Hope you enjoy.
- Place ricotta cheese in strainer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and drain overnight.
- Thaw spinach in microwave, only until thawed, not cooked. Squeeze dry and chop fine.
- Mix ricotta cheese and spinach together.
- Roll into 1" ropes and cut into 1" pieces.
- Using enough flour on cutting board or countertop so dough does not stick.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and dust with flour.
- Place gnocchi on cookie sheet far enough apart so they are not touching.
- *(Gnocchi may be frozen at this point. After they are frozen, You can store them in a zip lock freezer bag. Make sure to add more flour to the bag to keep them from sticking together)*
- **Before cooking frozen gnocchi, place them on a cookie sheet to thaw first.**.
- Place salt in a pot of water, and bring to a boil.
- Drop gnocchi into water. When gnocchi floats to the top, wait another minute or so, and drain.
- Serve with butter or tomato sauce.