Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are looking for a different and delicious salad, this is it. Cooked cold rice with crumbled bacon, slivers of fresh spinach, green onions and celery and mixed with an Italian dressing. Great make ahead.
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing (I like Good Seasons prepared per pkg)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 cups chilled cooked rice
- 4 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup crumbled crisp cooked bacon
- Combine Italian dressing, soy sauce and sugar in a large salad bowl and mix well.
- Add rice and mix.
- Chill covered until ready to serve.
- Add rest of ingredients just before serving and mix well.
Very good recipe, I just added a few minor ingredients (almond slivers, chopped pecans) which complemented the base recipe nicely, and I used a wild rice blend, simply because I prefer the flavor. This one's a keeper
This is an excellent salad for a hot day! I used the "Pampered Chef" Italian dressing. It added a nice flavor.