Recipe by Epi Curious
From Uncle Ben's, clipped from the AJC a few years ago. Great for pot lucks, barbeques. I like to use Paul Newman's Italian dressing for this recipe.
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice (or other white rice)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, including tops
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, fried crisp & crumbled (about 5 strips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Combine the Italian dressing, soy sauce and sugar and stir into rice. Cover and chill at least one hour or as long as overnight. Just before serving, fold in the spinach, celery, green onions and bacon.