Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a unique and light tasting salad. I have been asked to bring it to many potlucks and gatherings. People new to this dish will always ask for the recipe. It's a great meal on a warm summer day!
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups fresh spinach, cut into thins strips
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, including tops
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled crisp bacon
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting margarine and salt. Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
- Combine Italian dressing, soy sauce and sugar. Stir into warm rice. Cover and chill.
- Fold in remaining ingredients before serving.