Recipe by Sharon123
Delicious! Good vegetarian fare, or side dish!
Top Review by Aroostook
What a creamy texture the rice has in this dish. I changed it a bit... used fresh baby spinach leaves, reduced the amount of eggs and cheese. It is a wonderful recipe...comfort food really on a cold day. Thanks for sharing! Barb
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb grated longhorn cheese or 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese (I only use 1/2 lb.)
- 1⁄3 cup oil or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain spinach.
- Combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs.
- Oil a large casserole and sprinkle 3/4 cup breadcrumbs in bottom.
- Pour mixture into casserole and sprinkle top with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350* for about 1 hour.
- Check with knife.
- Turn out onto serving platter and enjoy!