Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very tasty and quick recipe when you are in a hurry or just tired.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 large egg whites (1 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups leftover cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (8 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese (1%)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- nonfat sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F In nonstick 10-inch skillet with oven-safe handle for baking in oven later, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and cook, covered, until tender and golden, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, with fork, stir egg whites, whole eggs, spinach, rich, cottage cheese, milk, Romano, salt and pepper until blended.
- Stir egg mixture into onion in skillet and place in oven.
- Bake 18- 20 minutes or until frittata is set in center.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- I like to add dollup of fat-free sour cream and a few chives on top.