Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A good choice for breakfast or brunch. This recipe must be planned ahead as the brown rice needs to be cooked before adding to the recipe.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- dried basil, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small pan, warm oil over medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes until softened.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the milk and seasonings and combine well.
- Add the rice, spinach, Parmesan and onion mixture and combine well.
- Transfer to the prepared dish and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour until heated through and golden on top.