1/2 Photos of Spinach, Rice & Feta Pie
1 hr 20 mins
This is a great recipe if you like spinach and feta cheese. The times I've made it for other people, they really enjoyed this unusual rice dish. I used white rice in this recipe that was freshly made for the recipe, but I think that leftover rice would work too. I also used Kraft Parmesan cheese, but think that freshly grated Parmesan would be even better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups long-grain rice, cooked
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- 5Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- 6Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove skillet from heat and stir in the cooked rice, feta cheese, egg, egg whites and spinach.
- 8Pour mixture into a 9 inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 9Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over pie.
- 10Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- 11Broil for 2 minutes or until pie is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Rice & Feta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 503.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.9 g