- 1 (16 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice mix according to package directions.
- Press spinach between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Combine rice, spinach, and all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a lightly sprayed or greased shallow casserole dish or baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through.
- NOTE: You can assemble this casserole ahead of time and refrigerate.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, then bake.