Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Saute onion in a small amount of water until translucent.
- Add spinach and steam (covered) until barely tender (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Mix the rice with the onions, spinach and tamari.
- Press into non-stick baking dish (9-inch square or 12-inch by 7-inch).
- Layer sliced tomatoes over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Good combo of flavors! I served it with Recipe #400362, and it was really great all together. Thanks for sharing!
This is an attractive dish. I use brown rice most of the time and am always on the look out for new and different ways to prepare it. I decreased the recipe to serve 3 and used 2 fresh from the garden tomatoes to top off the dish. I used fresh spinach and think that we would have enjoyed it more had I used a little more than the recipe called for. Also, I think that garlic would be a pleasing addition. Thanks for posting.