Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was written at a spur of the moment, so it has NOT been tested.
- 2 bunches fresh washed spinach (about 4c)
- 1 lb leek, cleaned
- 1 bunch parsley, washed
- 2 lbs yellow potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons white wine
- salt and pepper
- vegetable salt, as needed
- Stem and chop the spinach and spin dry or let drain well on paper towels.
- Chop the leeks into 1" long pieces and mince the parsley and garlic.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin pieces, leaving on stems if clean.
- Cube the potatoes into 1" pieces (roughly) and set aside with water to cover.
- Saute the leeks, garlic and mushrooms in the olive oil with the wine or mirin and herbs.
- When the leeks are tender, add the spinach and stir until it wilts.
- Add the potatoes and their water.
- Cook until the soup boils, return to a simmer and wait til the potatoes are done thru.
- If you wish, process this now, and add extra water as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper, or vegetable salt.
- This may be best with overnight resting time.