Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in a magazine, and I'm looking forward to trying it!
- 625 g spinach ravioli
- 60 ml olive oil (make up with oil from the capsicum)
- 50 g pine nuts
- 150 g sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (270 g) jarroasted red capsicums, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 30 g shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta following directions until cooked, al dente.
- Heat half a teaspoon of the oil in a large fry pan and cook the pine nuts gently until golden.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, and then the tomatoes, capsicums, parsley, mint and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir until combined and heated through, then remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the pine nuts.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and spoon the sauce over.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve at once.
This was great! We were only two and I had 250 gr of spinach tortellini, so I halved the recipe quantities and it was fine. Made exactly to recipe, it was quickly prepared, had good rich flavour, and we both loved it. I didn't season with salt, felt that it didn't need it. the mint and vinegar add an interesting tang to the sauce, but everything blends together well. Made for Vegetarian Swap, 2008, Okra group! Thanks, Jan!