1/3 Photos of Spinach Ravioli With Chicken and Cheese Filling
* Pamela *'s Note:
Homemade goodness and gourmet taste! This recipe works great in those perogy maker molds. Serve these with your favourite pasta sauce, tomato or alfredo work well. (This recipe was created for RSC number 6)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (300 g) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1For the dough:.
- 2Cook as directed on package, or until leaves are soft.
- 3Drain well and remove all extra water.
- 4Add drained spinach, eggs, oil, and salt into a blender.
- 5Mix milk powder with water and add to blender.
- 6Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth.
- 7Measure flour into a large bowl.
- 8Add spinach mixture and mix well by hand.
- 9Dough should be easy to work with and not stick to your hands, (if too dry add water, if too wet add flour).
- 10Gather dough into a ball.
- 11Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about five minutes.
- 12Let rest 10 minutes.
- 13For filling:.
- 14Scramble fry the chicken with the spices until chicken is white.
- 15Remove from heat and add cheese.
- 16Add egg and mix well.
- 17To assemble ravioli.
- 18Divide dough in half and roll out dough 1/4 inch thick.
- 19Using a round cookie cutter (or drinking glass) cut dough into circles.
- 20Place a spoonful of filling in each circle, then fold over to form a half circle and press the edges together with the fingers.
- 21The edges should be free of filling.
- 22Be sure the edges are sealed well to prevent the filling from running out.
- 23Repeat for each ravioli.
- 24When all ravioli are made, cook in boiling water for 15-20 minutes until cooked through, (The cooking period will depend upon the size you made it, the thickness of the dough and the filling)
- 25Stir to separate them and to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- 26Drain and rinse well.
- 27Serve with your favourite pasta sauce.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Ravioli With Chicken and Cheese Filling
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 330.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g