Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I would normally make my own sauce & ravioli but I have been rushed, then realized that I had this in the fridge and threw this recipe together. I enjoyed it and hope that you will too.
- 300 ml alfredo sauce
- 1 (350 ml) package spinach ravioli, -uncooked
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry garlic flakes or 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled & sliced
- 160 g lite mozzarella cheese, Grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce or 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Lightly grease a 9 x 9 x 3-inch oven proof dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour enough Alfredo sauce to cover the bottom bottom of the casserole (approx 1/2").
- Top with a single layer of ravioli, a third of the mushrooms and 1/3 of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chili flakes and 1/3 garlic, season with salt & pepper.
- Repeat layers saving 1/3 of the mozzarella & the parmesan.
- On the last layer pour in the chili sauce spreading it evenly over the top.
- Cover the casserole with foil; bake for 45 minutes, remove foil.
- Top with remaining mozzarella & the parmesan, continue to bake uncovered for approx 15 minutes or until the top is beautifully browned.
- Rest 10 minutes and serve.
Bergy, Bergy, Bergy-what a great casserole! The combo of the alfredo and red sauces enticed me, as did your gorgeous photos. We enjoyed this with a green salad and garlic bread. A great, comforting, cheesy dish for a family fall dinner. Thank you Bergy. Made for the Bergathon (tx back at ya for all you do and for creating our elves cookathon!)
This recipe is fabulous and simple to make. I used cheese ravioli and pizza sauce. Delish! Hubby loved it too.
LOVED the ease and simplicity! Not cooking ravioli appealed to me! Added some chopped fresh spinach as had on hand, TRUE! Makes for a simple lunch, recommend to do!