Recipe by Husbeast
I have derived this recipe from several recipes and plenty of trial and error. It is, by far, one of the best Quiche recipes I've made. It always gets called upon for family gatherings and parties. It was also put on the Menu at the restaurant where I work. You'll notice I have not added any salt or pepper or any other seasonings. Once you try it, you'll see why it really doesn't need them! Please let me know what you think!
Top Review by chriskleinemail
I made this yesterday for a small Easter brunch. It is simple and delicious. I chopped a few sun-dried tomatoes and added those because my feta was plain. I also used yellow onion instead of vidalia and carmelized them in basil olive oil. Garnished with thin tomato slices (dab some of the moisture off of the slices with paper towel about 1/2 through baking.) Printed this out and put it with my quiche recipe collection that I like to have on hand for when relatives stay over. Thank you!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, shredded (Or grated Parmesean)
- 4 ounces feta with sun-dried tomato and basil, crumbled
- 1 deep dish pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prick pie shell all over with fork and bake about 8 minutes, just until it starts to turn golden brown. Let cool.
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Place oil in pre-heated skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds.
- Add Spinach and combine well, just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, half-n-half, and asiago, beating well.
- Stir in spinach mixture followed by crumbled feta.
- Pour mixture into pre-baked pie shell on a cookie sheet, (to catch any spills!).
- Cook 35-45 minutes or until set.
- Let cool about 5 minutes and enjoy!