Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have derived this recipe from several recipes and plenty of trial and error. It is, by far, one of the best Quiche recipes I've made. It always gets called upon for family gatherings and parties. It was also put on the Menu at the restaurant where I work. You'll notice I have not added any salt or pepper or any other seasonings. Once you try it, you'll see why it really doesn't need them! Please let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, shredded (Or grated Parmesean)
- 4 ounces feta with sun-dried tomato and basil, crumbled
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prick pie shell all over with fork and bake about 8 minutes, just until it starts to turn golden brown. Let cool.
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Place oil in pre-heated skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds.
- Add Spinach and combine well, just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, half-n-half, and asiago, beating well.
- Stir in spinach mixture followed by crumbled feta.
- Pour mixture into pre-baked pie shell on a cookie sheet, (to catch any spills!).
- Cook 35-45 minutes or until set.
- Let cool about 5 minutes and enjoy!
This was so delicious! I used a very large vidalia onion and the whole 8 oz of feta cheese which left me with enough to make two small 8" pies. The result was a very light and fluffy quiche. Definitely worth making again.
Fantastic recipe! Honestly the best quiche i have ever had. I was not expecting it to be this good!
This quiche rocks! I am making if for the third time for dinner tonight. I would not alter the recipe...it is perfect as is. Everyone in my family loves this! It's the perfect vegetarian entree.